Easily Add Websites to the Home Screen of your Android Device with Chrome
Down the years Android has gradually improved itself and we keep asking for more. After all, why not getting more productive and efficient at the same time? If you are looking for a way to easily add websites to the home screen of your Android device, this is an ideal example of what I am talking about and here I am to help you.
If you want to speed the process up, on any device you might own, there is more than one way, of course; you may choose one of those apps that will help you to add everything as a home screen shortcut so that you can have access to your frequently used programs, files, activities and contacts right when you unlock the screen, but do you know that Chrome for Android lets you create shortcuts on your Android‘s home screen so you can quickly access your favorite websites?
This basically eliminates the need to type a web address every time you want to access the site – just tap on its shortcut to open the page. And other browsers provide similar functions, under a different name though (for example, Firefox has this feature called “Add Page Shortcut”), so just look for them or ask for help.
Easily Add Websites to the Home Screen of your Android Device:
- First of all, launch Chrome for Android;
- Now, navigate to the website you want;
- Tap the menu button and tap Add to homescreen. You’ll be able to enter a name for the shortcut and then Chrome will add it to your home screen;
- The icon will appear on your home screen just like any other app shortcut or widget, so feel free to drag it around and put it wherever you like;
- Remember that Chrome for Android loads the website as a web app when you tap the icon, so it will get its own entry in the app switcher and won’t have any browser interface getting in the way;
- If you change your mind and want to remove the recently created website shortcut from your device’s home screen, just long-press the shortcut and remove it like you would any other app icon.