Discover Split-screen Multitasking on Pixel 3 XL
Introduced back with Android 7.0 Nougat, Split screen apps is a great feature that was utilized by a majority of users. Considering the popularity of larger Android devices, as well as the amount of RAM found even on the lower-end segment of the market, it is no surprise that Google is focused on improving multitasking.
Anyway, the idea is that with Android P, Google has changed the overall method of running two apps at the same time in split screen mode.
And if the handset that you own is Pixel 3 XL (a device obviously running Android P), I’m pretty sure you would have noticed that too. Android offers split-screen multitasking and it now uses Overview to control it. Well, if you are a new Pixel 3 XL user who likes to use apps in split-screen mode, read on, as here I am to show you how to run apps in split screen on Android P.
Just note that not all apps support split screen in Android P currently. For example, Netflix doesn’t show the split screen option, for instance and I know that this is disappointing for so many of us. However, this doesn’t change that it’s a pretty intuitive method.
Discover Split-screen Multitasking on your Pixel 3 XL:
- Swipe up to pop into Overview;
- Up next, tap the app icon at the top;
- Here you’ll find “Split screen as an option”. Tap this and it will move to the top of the screen;
- You can then scroll through Overview to find the second app, or open another app and it will take up the bottom of the screen;
- And that’s it. Both the apps will now be in Split screen mode, just as you wanted them to be;
- Then, in order to return to single screen/not split, press the Home button. If there’s still an app at the top, swipe it down and it will return to full screen. Next,press the home button again and things are back to normal.
While I personally preferred the previous method, this one does the same thing, so it is just a matter of time until getting used to it. What about you? Do you like to use the new split screen option from your device? Let me know what you think of it in the comments down below.