AdGuard: Learn to Disable AMP Pages on Android
The AMP websites open instantly, and you save your time as you don’t have to wait for the page to load! Another pro is that it saves a lot of mobile data. To see it in action, just do a quick Google search on your Android device and you might appreciate it. Or not, since it also has some serious cons to take in consideration.
Well, it messes with the initially created URL, it makes it difficult to share the original link, or opportunity in website analytics are limited. At the same time, Google Search highlights AMP pages in the results, but does not offer any option to access the real source directly. That’s why many people want to simply disable AMP Pages on Android. And if you happen to have high-speed internet, then AMP simply becomes pointless to start with.
Anyway, this procedure can help:
Learn to Disable AMP Pages on Android:
- First of all, you have to download the AdGuard Beta APK;
- Install it into your device;
- Then, pull the side menu drawer and expand the Settings;
- You may now select Stealth Mode;
- Scroll down towards the bottom and under the sub-heading Miscellaneous you’ll find a toggle labeled Hide your User-Agent. Turn On this toggle;
- Then, you have to tap on Custom User-Agent;
- At this point, it’s time to enter the string:
Mozilla/5.0 (Android 9; Mobile; rv:65.0) Gecko/65.0 Firefox/65.0 in the text field;
- Select OK;
- Don’t forget to also enable AdGuard by turning on the big toggle in the center on the main page of the app.
What is your take on AMP pages? Use the comments area to let us know.