Add that Awesome Zen Mode to your OnePlus 7 Pro Quick Settings
The OnePlus 7 Pro is the biggest, fastest, as well as the most expensive device the company has ever offered. And it does ship with OxygenOS 9.5, which means that you can now enjoy a few new features compared to the 9.0 builds that are still powering the OnePlus 6T device from last year. Obviously 9.5 is still based on Android 9 Pie, but it also comes with stuff such as Zen Mode – a feature that won’t let you use your phone for a given amount of time.
To be more precise, the Zen Mode on the OnePlus 7 Pro helps you take a break every time your usage reaches a threshold duration, which can be adjusted as per expectations. So, Zen Mode isn’t there to help boost gaming performance or take better pictures. Instead, it’s there to help you step away from your smartphone and break free away from a continuous flow of notifications.
This is how you clear your head and continue your actual work or enjoying high quality time with your loved ones.
While the Zen Mode interrupts all notifications, you may still make and receive calls. Be careful before testing this feature as it will keep you locked out of your phone for 20 minutes. Thinking about restarting? This will literally have no impact on the Zen Mode.
Starting Zen Mode is easy, but if you’re planning on using it regularly, you might want to add it to the Quick Settings in your phone’s notification shade.
Add Awesome Zen Mode to Quick Settings:
- At first, pull down your notification shade by dragging from the top, then drag again to open your Quick Settings;
- Tap the Edit button to edit which tiles are present in your Quick Settings;
- Swipe left to access the additional tiles;
- Then, tap-and-drag the Zen Mode tile to the left to add it to your Quick Settings;
- Now, tap the icon and enter Zen Mode;
- Once you have confirmed that you want to enter Zen Mode, a countdown timer will appear on your device’s screen.
Use your free time wisely.