Boost Headphone and Speaker Volume on Samsung Galaxy S6
We can tell you from the start that the speaker volume of Samsung’s latest Galaxy S6 is much better than what we previously received on the company’s Galaxy S5 model (read How to Easily Increase Galaxy S5 Volume Speaker from here). The speaker is more powerful and the audio is not as thin as on the Galaxy S5 and given these changes, we already know that many of you are more than pleased by what they can enjoy, but what about the other ones?
If you also want a significant increase in the volume levels of your Samsung Galaxy S6 device, be sure that there is something that you can do about it despite of the fact that your smartphone manufacturer’s restricts the hardware capacities to an optimal level, at least in theory. Eeven if you are worried, we can tell you the fact that tweaking these levels to a certain level wouldn’t harm your smartphone and you’ll definitely feel the difference.
Senior member “raw2000j” has thought about it and created a mod which boosts Samsung Galaxy S6’s speaker, headphones volume and other Bluetooth connected devices. The mod that we are talking about is directly related to the “mixer_paths.xml” file where certain values have been modified (increased, of course) in order to offer you even a louder audio quality, just as you want it.
How to Boost Headphone and Speaker Volume of your Galaxy S6 by using TWRP Recovery:
- Download the flashable version of the Volume mod;
- After the download is complete, move it to the root of your device’s storage;
- Power off your Samsung Galaxy S6 device and wait until it’s completely turned off;
- You have to Reboot into recovery mode, so press and hold Power, Home and Volume Up buttons together until you see the Galaxy S6 logo on the screen;
- You must click on Install;
- Choose the Volume mod zip file and confirm flashing;
- Once the flashing is complete, reboot the device.
How to Boost Headphone and Speaker Volume of your Galaxy S6 Using Root Explorer:
- Download and install any root explorer that you might want to use. Speed Software is our recommendation, so don’t hesitate to use this link;
- Download and transfer the modified mixer_paths.xml file to your device’s storage;
- You have to open the explorer app and rename the original mixer_paths.xml file to mixer_paths.xml.bak in order to remain with a backup of the original file;
- Now, you have to copy the modified file and change the permissions to 644 (rw-r-r);
- At the end, you must reboot your handset.
The speaker volume on your Galaxy S6 will now be louder and stronger! However, it’s OK to change your mind! In such a case, just replace the new file with the old “mixer_paths.xml” file and the problem will be solved in only a few seconds.