Disable LG G4 Preinstalled Apps
LG G4 is a powerful device, with its advanced 64bit Quad-core processor and 3GB of RAM, but the usual problem with the preinstalled apps is still there. Even though I have to admit that LG was pretty moderate at this chapter, the story gets more complicated when it comes to the various apps added by your phone carrier (9the bloatware), like Verizon, AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile in the US.
These are various pre-installed Android applications on your LG G4 and to he honest, many of them are doing no good. On the contrary, there are users all over the world who prefer disabling these apps as long as the made the app drawer to look cluttered and even worst, most of the apps require monthly subscription to be used properly and use the phone’s resource.
However, I want to tell you from the start that most pre-installed apps can’t be uninstalled, but you can at least disable some of them. This includes LG’s apps such as QuickMemo (that you won’t probably ever use), along with apps preinstalled by some of the most popular US carriers such as:
- AT&T with its AT&T Live, AT&T Locker, AT&T Family Map, AT&T Navigator, AT&T Mobile Locate, Caller Name ID, Digital Life, Mobile TV, Yellow Pages local search, AT&T Mobile Transfer;
- Sprint and its various apps such as Eureka Offers, Messaging Plus, Sprint Money Express, Sprint Music Plus, Scout GPS Navigation & Traffic, Lumen Toolbar and more;
- T-Mobile with Caller Name ID, T-Mobile Mobile Hotspot, T-Mobile TV and not only;
- Verizon with VZ Navigator, Verizon Messages, Caller Name ID, Verizon Mobile Hotspot, Verizon Support & Protection and more.
Disabling an app from your LG G4 removes it from the app drawer and prevents it from running in the background. This is something that you can do with most pre-loaded apps, but keep in mind the fact that disabling certain applications can cause other ones to malfunction. If you notice any problems after disabling an app, it is recommended to re-enable it right away.
Here’s what you have to do in order to get rid of the pre-installed apps:
How to Disable LG G4 Preinstalled Apps:
- For the start, you have to enter into Settings;
- Then, head to the General tab;
- Tap on Apps;
- Go over to All;
- Every time you tap on a certain entry, there will be an Uninstall or Disable button at the top of the screen;
- Do not hesitate to tap Disable;
- You must read the warning first and then you just have to tap OK.
Have you managed to apply this guide? If you have encountered any problem, let me know in the comments area from below and together we’ll find a solution. And as I’ve said before, if after disabling an app you notice anything wrong, then do not hesitate to re-enable it.
Thank you for visiting the AndroidFlaship site and I hope you will come back soon for more guides and tips for your LG G4 smartphone and not only! We have a huge selection of tutorials, with more to be added in the next days!