Unlock Moto X Pure Edition Bootloader in a few minutes
Are you the owner of a Moto X Pure Edition Android phone? You already know that you are truly lucky as long as it will be one of the first smartphones to receive the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update and that’s not all.
If you own this device and want to unlock the bootloader, let me tell you that this tutorial will help you succeed. You have to accept the unlocking agreement from Motorola, but let me tell you that you have no reason to be worried about as long as the procedure has been made secure with a unique bootloader unlock code for every Moto X Pure Edition device.
This unlock method has been tested on Moto X Pure Edition, so it will definitely work, though keep in mind that unlocking the bootloader may also void the warranty. So, login to Motorola’s website and request the unlock code only if you are willing to accept that and to be responsible for any damage that might occur to your Moto X Pure.
Moreover, don’t forget to make a backup of all your important apps and data before you proceed into unlocking the bootloader. Then, go to Developer options and enable the “oem unlock” feature. From there, open Settings> Developer options and enable USB Debugging on your device. You must also set up ADB and Fastboot on your computer and install Motorola’s Moto X USB drivers on your computer and then, you are ready to start the operation:
How to Unlock Bootloader on Moto X Pure Edition:
- For the start, you have to power off your device;
- Boot into bootloader, so don’t hesitate to press and hold the Volume down and the power buttons at the same time;
- You will see the bootloader screen, so plug in your device to the computer;
- Go to the location where your ADB and fastboot is installed and open the folder;
- Right-click on an empty space and select the “Open command window here” option to launch a cmd window;
- Enter the command:
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- Copy the code you will receive after entering the command from above;
- You have to paste it somewhere like a notepad;
- Right click on the top of the window and click Edit->Mark;
- Do not hesitate to highlight the code;
- Up next, right click on the title bar and choose Edit->copy;
- Go to Motorola’s page;
- Tap Unlock Bootloader;
- Accept the agreement;
- It’s time to login/create an account to get the unlock key;
- Paste code from the command prompt;
- Click “Can my device be unlocked“;
- Agree to terms and click “Request Unlock Key” which will send you an email with your unlock code;
- After receiving it, enter this command in order to replace the previous key with the key from the email:
fastboot oem unlock YOURKEY
- This will unlock your bootloader, so reboot to system.
Now you have an unlocked bootloader on your Moto X Pure Edition, so enjoy it!
- How to Unlock LG G4 Bootloader (General tutorial);
- Unlock HTC One M9 Bootloader with the help of this procedure;
- Unlock Bootloader Method Now Available For OnePlus One;
- How to Easily Unlock Bootloader on European version of LG G4 by using these steps.