How to Encrypt your Android Phone
Protecting your data against any form of intrusion is not only recommended if you are a lawyer or business person who has a legal and ethical responsibility to take a good sensitive data. The same thing is also advised to regular users as long as their Android device is full of personal and work data such as account numbers and passwords that could be so useful to scammers all over the world.
No matter who you are, I am sure of the fact that you have a lot of personal and even professional data on your Android phone that you want to keep as safe as possible, so you are totally entitled to encrypt your devices on your own. However, keep in mind that this encrypt process which will give your phone an extra layer of security also has some major disadvantages.
Be aware of the fact that the performance on older devices can be slowed through encryption; the story is though different for the newer phones with 64 bit processors of ARMv8 architecture and faster onboard storage for which this will have minimal impact on performance. And the battery life is a matter of concern as well, regardless of the device that you are using.
You should also know the fact that the only way to decrypt your Android phone is by deleting all the data. Hence, you have to maintain a backup of your personal data, just to be prepared for any situation. And don’t leave aside that encryption isn’t 100 percent foolproof, but it definitely makes accessing your data so difficult that many scanners don’t even think of trying to break it.
Learn How to Encrypt your Android Phone:
- For the start, head into Settings;
- Tap on Security;
- Find Phone Storage Encryption and enable it;
- Make sure that your device is connected to wall socket on charge, as long as it takes around an hour for the process to be completed;
- Once it is done, do not hesitate to verify the encryption. You must see a badge, Encrypted under the Phone Storage Encryption option.
That’s not all that you can do on your Android device:
- Download Android Marshmallow Stock Wallpapers on your Android Device;
- Learn How to Use HTC Motion Launch Gesture App on any Android device with the help of this link;
- Transfer Files from PC to Android Devices with Portal;
- Monitor Your Android Device with DevCheck by using this guide;
- Download Sony Xperia Z5 Stock Wallpapers on any Android Device;
- Here you can find a Top 5 Keyboard apps for your Android Device;
- Fix Overheating Issue on Android Devices with Snapdragon 810 and not only. More guides are waiting for you in the How to section.