How to Recover Missing or Lost Contacts on Android
There are many Android users eager to recover the deleted contacts from their Android phones, especially if they don’t have these contacts somewhere else.
What should they do in such a case? Is this your problem as well? Then, let me remind you that Android Data Recovery may help you a lot to retrieve the lost contacts from Android phone’s memory or SIM Card, this program being quick and easy to use.
In fact, a while ago I have told you how simple is to Recover Deleted Contacts from Android Phones and Tablets by using the Android Data Recovery program, but don’t you imagine that this is the only solution to your problem.
I have other possible answers to your question too and they might be even easier than the method involving using the Android Data Recovery program.
How to Recover Missing Contacts on Android(method 1):
For the start, let me remind you that there are cases when there’s something wrong with the settings on your Android device. In such a case, you can discover that contacts are nowhere to be found, but before jumping to the conclusion that they are gone for good, let me tell you something else. There is a big chance to find out that all your contacts are still on your handset, but hidden very carefully, so here’s what you have to do:
- First of all, you have to open the “Contacts” app;
- Then, you must press on the menu in the top-right corner (I am referring to the three vertical dots);
- Go to the section called “Contacts to display”;
- Select “All contacts” if it isn’t already;
- At the end, be sure that all the missing contacts will be immediately restored.
Anyway, if all contacts were already displayed, then there’s a different problem, but it definitely can be solved too. Don’t hesitate to read and apply the second guide!
How to Recover Lost Contacts on Android(method 2):
Is your Android phone synced with your Google account? Then, stop worrying any longer as long as Gmail provides a very useful feature that lets you restore a backup of all your contacts, which can date up to no less than 30 days back. Once you have done this, you can re-sync your phone with your Google account and your contacts will all be recovered.
To restore a backup of your Gmail contacts, that’s what you have to do:
- First of all, you have to login to your Google account;
- Up next, go to Inbox;
- Choose “Contacts” from the dropdown menu on your left hand side;
- Once you see the list of your contacts (or not), click on “More” to get to the dropdown menu;
- From there, choose the option “Restore contacts…”;
- A pop-up window will appear and from there, select a backup, which can date back as far as 30 days;
- Then, re-sync your Google account on your Android device!
Also learn: How to Recover Data from a Samsung Galaxy S6 with Broken Screen and How to Recover Deleted Videos from Any Android Device.