Easily Turn your Favorite Song into an Android Ringtone
Are you in a mood for something different? Let me tell you about a very special Android app known as Ringdroid which gives you the possibility to use any sound or song you have on your device as a ringtone.
Once you have created your ringtone, you must simply set it as your default sound or assign it to a specific contact. Even more, I am glad to tell you that this Android app doesn’t contain ads, so there will be nothing bothering you from enjoying what it has to offer.
However, in order to achieve your goal of turning some songs into ringtones, you must already have the audio files or music you wish to use on your smartphone’s internal storage or the microSD card.
Then, remember the fact that Ringdroid is compatible with MP3, WAV, AAC and AMR audio files, so make no error or the steps below will not work and don’t forget to take in consideration your OS version. Ringdroid 2.7.3 is recommended for Android system versions 4.1 (known as Jelly Bean) and higher, Ringdroid 2.6 can be used by Android system versions 3.0 (Honeycomb) through 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) device owners, while Ringdroid 2.5 is the only choice left for earlier Android system versions.
How to Turn your Favorite Song into an Android Ringtone:
- First of all, take the Ringdroid app by accessing this direct link;
- Install in onto your Android phone;
- Then, tap it and the app will launch;
- You will find a list of songs on your device in the main window of the app;
- In order to view all the sounds on your device, hit the action icon in the top-right corner;
- Then, choose Show all audio;
- It’s time to select the precise song you would like to use as a ringtone;
- Then, its waveform will open up. Use the two sliders above and below the graph to choose a start and end point for your ringtone;
- At the end, don’t forget to save the sound clip by pressing the disk icon;
You can also choose to give it a new name.
All the ringtones that you create will be stored in the app’s main overview, just waiting to be enjoyed!
And yes, it’s true that the app requests access to your contacts, but this is only for setting contact-specific ringtones, so you have no reason to be worried about. Use it for creating new ringtones and note that you can even make alarms from the existing music/audio files from your handset!
Other apps that you might find perfect for your Android handset:
- Listen to YouTube on Android by using The Black Screen of Life, an amazing app that gives you the chance to save your phone’s battery life, while still enjoying the audio of YouTube videos;
- You can also Download tracks from YouTube and SoundCloud on your Android device with Peggo;
- Enter here and find out more about Shuttle, an Intuitive Music Player for your Android Device;
- Are you ready to Unleash your Inner Musician with Yousician Learn Piano & Guitar? Take the app and discover all that it can offer you;
- Use Rock My Run, The Best Android Workout Music.