Install Stock Nougat Firmware on Canadian Bell Mobile Galaxy Note 5
Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is one of the most successful smartphone of the Galaxy Note series and now you can download and Install Stock Nougat Firmware on Canadian Bell Mobile Galaxy Note 5. I know that this is exactly what many of you were waiting for. The Nougat update for this handset rolled out, but many users still not received it, so that is why I have decided to provide the official Nougat firmware with build version N920W8VLU4CQC9 for the Canadian Note 5.
Let me be clear from the start about the fact that this procedure is only compatible with Galaxy Note 5 from Bell Mobile. Yes, it seems that the Canadian Galaxy Note 5 (SM-N920W8) users are lucky, but the truth is that the versions for Canada Rogers, Canada Globalive Wind Mobile, Canada Fido Mobile are not available at the moment. You can be sure of the fact that I will keep an eye on the Nougat firmwares for these versions too, but meanwhile let’s enjoy what we have.
Nougat’s split-screen feature is waiting for all those who are eager to experience the advantages of multi-tasking, along with Customizable presets for Medium power and Maximum power saving modes, New Samsung keyboard updates language data automatically for better predictions, a revamped Samsung Experience user interface, Optimized, Game, Entertainment, and High-performance modes that can improve battery consumption and much more.
You are one step closer to all these, but don’t skip the preparations! Even if you are excited, they are a must for succeeding.
How to get ready for the installation procedure:
- Take a backup of your important data;
- Go to Settings menu, then tap the “About Phone” option. Scroll to find “Build number” and tap it no less than seven times until you see the usual “You are now a developer” note. Now, you can tap “Developer Options”, check the box next to “USB debugging” and press OK to enable USB debugging mode;
- You have to install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC. Skip this step if you have already installed them.
- Charge your Canadian Galaxy Note 5 to at least 70% battery if you want to successfully apply the steps from below.
How to Install Stock Nougat Firmware on Canadian Galaxy Note 5:
- First of all, grab the appropriate Stock Nougat Firmware for your handset: Canada (Bell Mobile): N920W8VLU4CQC9_N920W8OYA4CQC9_BMC.zip;
- After that, you need to take Odin3_v3.12.3.zip;
- Extract it on your desktop or anywhere it is easily accessible;
- Now, turn off your Galaxy Note 5 device and boot into TWRP Recovery;
- Open the Odin folder and launch the .exe file as administrator;
- Connect the handset to the PC using a USB cable;
- When Odin detects your phone, the ID:COM port will turn blue;
- After that, it’s time to click the AP button, navigate to the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension and select it;
- Click the Start button to initiate the installation;
- Now, wait for 4-5 minutes. Don’t disconnect your phone from your PC while Odin is flashing because it can brick your phone. You must simply wait until the installation completes;
- When the firmware is installed, you will get PASS! message in Odin and your phone will reboot automatically;
- You can finally disconnect the USB cable. Since the first boot takes about 5-8 minutes, you must wait patiently once again.
That’s all. If you have any questions or queries regarding how to update Note 5 to Android Nougat 7, let me know in the comments.