Merge Galaxy S9 Plus Contacts with those from your Gmail Account
Keeping contact lists readily available at any moment is important, especially in a setting where you need to make calls daily, such as an office or when you never want to miss something from your loved ones. If contacts are mainly kept in your Galaxy S9 Plus handset, consider copying the contacts to a Gmail account.
And don’t forget that syncing contacts with the Gmail account comes in handy when you want to root the handset or when you plan to update the firmware of your phone. I am sure that you have already decided what you want up to this point, but before jumping to the procedure, you should better make sure that your Contacts are linked with the Gmail Account.
For that, you need to open S9 Plus Contacts, press the Settings button and select ‘Merge with Google’. After that, confirm your action and even if you have more than one Gmail account that you usually use all the time, then you can select the one you wish to use as default to host your contacts.
Leave the menus immediately you get the popup message saying it successfully merged. Have you completed that? Then, in this article, I will show you how to merge the contacts on your Galaxy device with those from your Gmail account.
Merge Galaxy S9 Plus Contacts with those from your Gmail Account:
- First of all, tap Settings;
- Click on Accounts and Sync;
- Activate the dedicated Accounts and Syncing service;
- Tap on the Gmail account you are planning to use;
- Enable the Sync Contacts feature;
- Now, click on the button labeled as Sync Now;
- Wait for all the contacts from your phone to sync with the selected Gmail account;
- Leave the menus;
- Then, feel free to access Gmail from a web browser;
- Click on the Gmail text link that you see right on the upper left side of your Gmail profile;
- Now, you need to tap on Contacts and you will see all the contacts synchronizing from your S9 Plus device in the newly opened page.
Did this tutorial help you?