Learn to Hide WhatsApp Images and Videos from Gallery
WhatsApp has recently rolled out a new feature that you can use to hide WhatsApp media from the gallery. It is known as Media Visibility, and you can use it for both personal and group chat. The feature that I am telling you about basically helps you hide or show the WhatsApp media content in the gallery that you’ve received from a particular contact or group, so I am sure that you want to know more about it.
The procedure here detailed will show you how to Hide WhatsApp Images and Videos from Gallery, therefore it will automatically stop new files from showing up in the gallery. Despite of that, you must understand that no old media file that’s already made its way to your phone’s gallery will disappear.
And unlike the initial Media Visibility version that was a part of the Data and storage usage settings under the General Settings menu, the Media Visibility feature this time is available within Contact Info and Group Info, so the procedure to make it work is a little different.
- The fresh experience is available through the WhatsApp beta version 2.18.194. So, in order to use it, you have to be a beta user, or else wait until the proper build starts rolling out on Play Store;
- Update your WhatsApp to the latest version (2.18.194).
How to Hide WhatsApp Images and Videos from Gallery:
- Open your WhatsApp and go to the Contact Info and Group Info from the chat interface;
- Select the Make Visibility option on the info page and it will prompt a dialogue box;
- By default, the option to see the newly downloaded media file on phone gallery will be ‘Yes’. To hide WhatsApp media files, you can select ‘No’ option;
- Then, just tap on ‘OK’;
- From here on, all your WhatsApp media file from the particular contact or group will appear on the app or in the file explorer app (under WhatsApp> Media> WhatsApp Images> Private), but not in your phone’s gallery.
Besides the Media visibility feature, the new WhatsApp beta for Android has a New contact shortcut that you can leverage to quickly add a contact without leaving WhatsApp. You can simply experience the new features by downloading the latest WhatsApp beta version on your Android device, so you know what you have to do!