Change Sounds and Vibration on Gboard
Most of us don’t like sound while tapping the keys. With Gboard, typing is supposed to be easier than ever before, so I don’t say everyone is annoyed by the sound, but as per my experience, it’s hard to accept the keyboard sounds when you tap keys. You might not be like me. Let’s imagine that you have no sort of problem with sound, but you simply dislike Keypad vibration.
Or maybe you dislike both of them and that’s the end of story. The best news is that you have complete control over sounds and vibration in Google Keyboard, so you can easily change each of them. How do I change the sounds or vibrations that my keyboard makes? That’s a question that I’ve heard a lot these days, so let’s take action.
As you can imagine, you can easily change the settings on your Gboard, such as sound or vibration. It’s a matter of a few simple steps that need to be follow and here I am to guide you all the way:
How to Change Sounds and Vibration on Google Keyboard for Android:
- Access the Settings menu;
- Now, a popup window will appear with two options: Languages and Google Keyboard settings. Tap the latter;
- Go to Preferences;
- Here you will find Vibration and Sound settings;
- Sound options are found here, so toggle this option On;
- Once “Sound on keypress” has been enabled, the option directly below will allow you to customize how loud the sound is. It’s set to “System default”, but feel free to tweak the volume by using the provided sliders;
- “Vibrate on keypress” is On by default, so if you don’t like this sort of physical feedback, you can disable it with the slider;
- If you want it On, but with a few changes, adjust how hard or soft the vibration is in this menu.
While here, you could also take a look at “Voice input key,” which is where you can enable/disable the mic button on the keyboard or “Popup on keypress,” which basically reveals a magnified version of the key as you type it. As for that “Key long squeeze delay”, this is the place you can choose what “long squeeze” can really do.