How to Remove Carrier Branding from T-Mobile OnePlus 6T
Smartphones sold through carriers normally come with some restrictions, like no dual-SIM functionality, and no carrier unlocking until the device has been fully paid for and used for more than 40 days. Things are no different for your T-Mobile OnePlus 6T. With the OnePlus 6T being on T-Mobile, OnePlus’s presence in the U.S. is now bigger than ever before.
This partnership was huge for OnePlus and something we hope to see more in the future. At the same time, as with all carrier-branded phones, the T-Mobile variant of the 6T isn’t equal to its unlocked counterpart. And since the T-Mobile model can’t be enrolled in the OxygenOS Open Beta, users have been really disappointed.
They should not be any longer. As always, a member of XDA Developers has created a method of rebranding a T-Mobile 6T to an international unlocked. This involves no messing with the bootloader, but the operation does still wipe/factory reset the phone.
Remember to install the Qualcomm drivers before you do anything else. And take a backup of all your important data. Don’t say that I have not warned you about that!
Remove Carrier Branding from T-Mobile OnePlus 6T:
- At first, you have to download all of the files here given:
Patched flasher tools
- You must now power off your 6T smartphone;
- Then, press and hold the volume up and down buttons at the same time;
- Connect your phone to your PC while continuing to hold down the buttons;
- Extract the two patched flasher drivers to the same file where MsmDownloadTool is located;
- Double click on “MsmDownloadTool V4.0_factory_patched.exe” and click on the Start button;
- You device will start the patching process. Wait for the process to be over and then, you can restart the phone;
- When you restart the phone, you will notice that there is no T-Mobile boot animation logo. That’s the sign that you were expecting to get, right?
This means that your OnePlus 6T is debranded, with a locked bootloader and no need for SIM unlock. How good this feels!