Get Started with Instagram Video Chat in Instagram Direct
A year ago Instagram released a feature so that its users can start a live video and then invite someone else to join in on-camera. The live video that I am telling you about appeared in a split-screen mode, with the original creator of the video on top and the guest on the bottom, so Instagram won us over Snapchat which does offer video chat, but it’s only viewable one-to-one.
Now, there’s a new way to chat with friends on Instagram, and be sure that I’ve got all the details that you are looking for about Instagram Video Chat in Instagram Direct. Being designed with friendship groups in mind, this feature gives you the very best: well, the more people join your call, the bigger the screen gets. Of course, it will also divide so you can see everyone that you’re chatting with.
Are you prepared to make your first call with Instagram Video Chat? If so, things couldn’t be any easier:
Get Started with Instagram Video Chat in Instagram Direct:
- First, download the latest version of the Instagram app on your Android handset;
- Once updated, open the app;
- Waste no more time and head straight to your Instagram Direct by tapping the arrow icon in the top-right corner of your profile;
Now, you can open a message thread with someone you want to Video Chat with;
- You can also choose to start a new thread by tapping the “+” icon in the top-right of your inbox and typing a username;
- Then, tap the new camera icon on the top-right corner, and a Video Chat will request will be sent to your friend’s handset;
- If there’s more than one person in the Instagram Direct thread, then tapping the camera icon will basically mean calling everyone in the thread;
- If you’re part of a group thread on Instagram Direct and there’s an active Video Chat going on in your group, then the camera icon will let you know by turning blue. At that point, you must simply tap the camera icon to join in on the Instagram fun!