How to Read Deleted WhatsApp Messages
We’ve been waiting a long time to be able to erase messages on WhatsApp and we all love having such a feature, yet are you aware of the fact that there’s also a way that you can look back on all those erased messages? Yes, one can read deleted messages on WhatsApp as it’s impossible not be a bit curious about what the content of that message really was.
What’s good news for some who want to satisfy their curiosity, it’s a disaster for others who simply made an embarrassing mistake. These supposedly permanently deleted messages are actually stored in the notification register of the Android system, so despite being deleted from the sender side, you can easily recover deleted messages of WhatsApp.
So, my advice for you is to stop sending any wrong or abusive message to others as deleting these messages will not work anymore as it should. And if you want to read the deleted messaged on your device, all you must do is to follow the steps mentioned ahead. I must though warn you that the feature is available only for users running Android 7.0 and above.
How to Read Deleted WhatsApp Messages:
- You need the Notification History app which can be downloaded via Google Play;
- Install it into your Android device;
- As soon as you install the app a notification of enabling some settings in your phone will appear on your screen. Don’t hesitate to enable all the settings by tapping on them;
- Then, you must search the message in the Android notification log. The notification log can be accessed without the need of an additional app, so long press the home screen, then tap on Widgets > Activities > Settings > Notification log. You can then access the system’s notification log.
- On stock Android, a Settings widget can give access to the notification log as well.
Note though that the notification log only saves the messages on the device until it’s restarted. Once restarted, we noticed that the log was cleared. And like it or not, this procedure has a restriction that lets only the first 100 characters of the deleted message will be visible. However, it’s still god enough for getting a clue about what it was. And you may only retrieve text which means that not all media files can be recovered.